Thursday, May 29, 2008

Trip to mussoorie.........

This Sunday my cousin and his friends came to our place, they wanted to visit mussoorie. There was bright blazing sun in dehradun. Summers was at it’s peak. It was scorching hot. But as we moved up the hill to mussoorie weather started getting cooler, well this is what attracts tourists to mussoorie. It was a fascinating experience.
Finally we arrived at kempty fall, the most popular picnic spot in mussoorie. It was jam packed we were not getting place to park our car. It took around 30 minutes to get our car parked. We made our way through shops to kempty fall, it was very crowded, there was hardly any space left. Place was littered. People were eating and throwing left over whereever they like. I felt sorry looking at this behaviour. My father exclaimed that people were ruining the natural beauty of this place. He narrated me how beautiful and fascinating this place used to be when he was a kid,but now it has been ruined.People only wants to mint money and nobody is concerned about damage done to flora and fauna. My cousin and his friends were very thrilled as they had never seen such a beautiful place.They jumped into the water and enjoyed.But i was very sad and wanted to leave the place as soon as possible.
It started pouring so we decided to go back to Doon, through mall road,the spin of mussoorie. But here too, I was disappointed seeing shops popped out everywhere. I wondered is this really that place which people call the “Queen of hills” or about which Jawaharlal Nehru and Dalai Lama had said wonderful things .I was very saddened by my visit and wondered this is why Britishers didn’t allowed Indians to enter mall road.
While returning , my father suggested to see one more picnic spot called “Robber’s Cave”. So we went to this place.Earlier roads to this place where broken and it was quite difficult to go to this place.But now i was thrillled to see new roads ,we drove down to Robber’s Cave. There was no problem in parking car, there were very few tourists and most importantly natural beauty was intact. We entered the cave with water flowing through our legs and took pictures of the beautiful landscape around. We were very delighted .Finally we got to see the natural beauty which probably attracted Jawaharlal Nehru to dehradun that’s why he used to stay in circuit house near by.
But when we returned from the cave we were caught by press reporter,near tea stall he asked us about our experience. I asked him“what the matter is?”He told that government is planning to develop this place as a picnic spot.I grew sad,you'll be wondering why was i sad,eventually this will attact more tourists and will lead to development of my place.
Well I was thinking that after the development of this place to a picnic spot,it too will be destroyed and ruined.I was left with one thought that I too will become like my dad.When i'll come with my children to this place, i'll tell them tales about how beautiful this place used to be.

4 comments:

Hemant said...

didn't stir me up....More of a school's student descriptive essay...You are far far more talented than what this reflects...Sorry

Manas said...

okay.. thts the max tht i can say.. in order to make the post more informative the writter has neglected the attractive element needed to bind the reader ..

Unknown said...

its good....but i think u cud have done much better..... hope to get a gr8 one from u now...

Anonymous said...

nice try...you could have done far better...and dont forget to call me when you are getting married...